Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Hunter: Day Two: Part One

On day Two of Dar'Shavari's tale, she awakens in her rented room in Riverwood after a daring escape from Helgen. Being chased by Dragons and shunned by the locals has given her mixed feelings about entering the realm of Skyrim. She awakes to the new day determined to embrace her new found freedom and find her place in this new land. The day is Morndas, the 18th of last seed when we continue our journey following Dar'Shavari's adventurous (or not so) exploits. I wake feeling a little disheartened after the frosty reception in the Inn last night, so decide to eat my breakfast alone in my room, a tasty rabbit haunch, mmmm. I change into some fur boots, instead of shoes as I expect to get a little dirty today, trying to earn some money. I stroll out from the room and no one seems to take heed of me, maybe they have just taken to ignoring me in the hope I will go away? I purchase a grilled chicken breast from the bartender and step outside to be greeted by a beautiful morning, sunny and full of expectations. I stroll around the town for a while, taking in the fresh new scents and feeling the sun's warm rays upon my back. I enter the blacksmith's house, the family doesn't seem to mind, and use their bubbling couldrin to cook up some of the meat that I found earlier. I go back to the local general store and sell the shopkeeper my newly crafted potions and end up making quite a bit of money off them! As I am leaving this fine store, the shopkeeper yells "Damn Thieves!", and I quickly head out the door, hey, I haven't stolen anything yet! I slowly leave the town whilst contemplating my next step in this brave new world. I need a way of making money and creating potions to sell just isn't going to cut it. As I am walking, I spot a wild deer in the distance, so I take out my bow and arrows and attempt to take him down!! After a long tussel with the deer, I end up in the water being dragged towards a waterfall! I doggy paddle for my life against the current, and just as I reach the bank and safety, a wolf comes out of nowhere and starts to attack! After bitch slapping the wolf, I stare into the water's depths and catch my breath. I hate water!! And my fur is all wet!!!
I turn the corner, still out of breath and spot a huge castle in the distance! Wow!
Now this could be a good place to make a living! I think as I make my way down the path, in awe of the huge castle or stronghold jutting from the landscape. On my way down the path some stupid mudcrabs attack, I take care of them and munch on some Chitin, I'm not sure what part of the mudcrab that is but it sure tastes good! My cat-senses tell me that what I have just eaten has restorative properties - good to know! I come across a place called Honnigbrew Meadery and spot a plump and juicy chicken outside again. I contemplate plucking the poor creature and cooking up his sweet meat for my dinner, but I decide that I'm not that hungry anyway and leave him be. I step inside the meadery and have a chat with the owner. He convinces me to buy a bottle of their 'special mead' and I also purchase a horker loaf - never tasted that before! I hang around the bar for a while chatting to the owner, but he is pretty dull, all he talks about is mead and to be honest I don't find it too interesting so I leave. Outside of the building I catch some butterflies, hey at least I'm good at hunting something!! I carry on down the path a while and a woman runs up to me wearing some pretty sweet armour!! Her name is Aela and she chatesizes me for not helping to slay a giant!!
Whaa?? I didn't even see them take it down! I hang around the farm for a while with the corpse of the giant stinking up the place and spy another tasty morsel.
Somehow, I don't think the owners would look favourably on me killing their cattle, so I tear myself away from the hulking mass of meat and continue on my way. I spot another deer in the distance and attempt to shoot it from afar. I get myself ready and hide in a bush, which I think camoflages me pretty well:
You can hardly see me!! I take aim at the deer... But something spooks it and it runs off. Damn! I try sneaking around a bit and end up playing with some butterflies. I decide to use some spider venom to poison an arrow and attempt to take down a deer again, but to no avail! I come across a bee-hive and catch a lot of them, little creatures, I seem to love watching them fly around, slowly buzzing along, no cares in the world. I chew on a couple of the bees whilst staring at the biggest mountain I have ever seen!
As I contemplate my surroundings I realise I need to take this hunting more seriously if I am to make any money off it, so I poison another arrow and stalk some deers in the distance. I slowly take aim at the antlered beast and shoot him right in the head!! He runs off, but I follow and find him dead on the floor!! Yes!! Things are finally looking up!!
I get a juicy venison steak from the deer a hide and some antlers, these will sell well, I surmise. I have a run of good luck after that and take down another deer!! Maybe this hunting idea will work out after all! If I can get crafting some items from the pelts, I might even make a profit! As I run around looking for more deer, I find myself at the entrance to the city surrounding the big castle I spotted earlier.
I stand in front of the city entrance, wondering whether to enter or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment